Genesis 3:19


Remember, man, you are dust/and to dust you will return.


Last night, over dinner, we were talking about Lent and what it symbolizes. The girls had a good time discussing all of the things they would gladly give up for lent. Most involved tasks or foods that are less than desirable.

Thing1 decided that she is giving up candy. It started as ice cream, then developed into all sweet treats, and now has gone back to *just* candy. She is expecting to receive quite a load from the EB to make up for her 40 days of 'fasting'. :)

Thing2 said she'll gladly give up asparagus or potatoes (except fries and chips). I encouraged her to practice being nicer to her sister rather than giving something up. After all, she is only five and doesn't quite get the concept of 40 days. And if she can follow through on this promise to practice, her sister will appreciate her efforts, too!

As for me, well, I'm following what my parents always told me: It isn't about what you give up, it is about what you can do to make your life better. Check back with me in 40 days and I'll let you know how I did!

Comments