Happy 90th Birthday, Grandpa!

We just got home yesterday from a long awaited trip to Indiana. My grandpa turned 90 years old last week and we had a lot of fun at his party over the weekend. Its amazing to think of all that he's seen and accomplished in his life. And he's still going strong!!

The weekend was wonderful...and provided the opportunity to catch up with family that I hadn't seen in years . My kids got to meet their long lost cousins and play play play!

The kids played so hard that when their heads hit the pillow they just passed out. I always get them up to use the potty when we're on a trip like that, mainly to avoid puddles on the mattress in the middle of the night. This trip was no exception. The second night we were there I was trying to wake Thing1 up for a trip to the bathroom. She was hard to rouse, and then started doing the sign of the cross...as if she were praying. I finally got her into a sitting position and she did it again. When I told her again what we were doing, she stood up and started walking to the bathroom. She was like a rag doll, and put most of her weight on me walking up the 2 steps (in a travel trailer). Then she turned and tried to walk into the shower. I reminded her again what we were doing. I had to sit her down on the toilet and remind her again what to do. She was basically doing all of this in her sleep. My brother and I were very entertained, though! She has absolutely no recollection of the story I'm sharing here. I'm sure she'd be mortified if she knew I was sharing it, though!!

Comments