______ Night Blahs

Growing up, it was always Sunday night. I can remember specifically the first time I realized I had the Sunday Night Blahs. I was about 10 years old and I was walking around the side of the house (outside) closest to the drive way. I was hopping from stepping stone to stepping stone and trying to figure out why I was sad. Nothing bad had happened, but it was Sunday night. Hmmmm...I remember I was singing to myself....
It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday

See video of The Bangles Manic Monday here!

Now, of course at age 10 I had NO clue what a manic Monday truly was. But I did know that I had school the next day and that was a bummer.

My blahs no longer specifically fall on Sunday night. Since DH has a constantly changing schedule, this week I had the Wednesday Night Blahs. It was horrible. I was pathetic. I even told DH I was planning to turn off his alarm clock. I asked him if he was feeling sick. I suggested that he fake it. (His work ethic is unmatched...he'd never do that.)

Drat! At 5:45 this morning he pulled out of the driveway. And every week on the day that he leaves I mope around the house. I get my mommy jobs done, but I am always sad and miss him so much. I think adding to the sadness is the fact that T1 & T2 are still at g'parent camp. So now its just me and the creatures...Houdini has been great at cuddling and even accidentally turning iTunes on so I have something to fill the silence. No worries, though! This afternoon I have my monthly massage appointment and after that I'm contemplating a pedicure. We'll see. And tonight I'm going out with some friends. I'm not totally excited about that at this point, but I know as the time nears I will get more into it. Any chance for socialization without children is a treat!!! Its also fun to grow these (somewhat) new friendships.

Comments

Dylan said…
Ill be back before you know it.
Enjoy it while you can!