Class trip to DC! (day 4)


Post written by Sunshine. :) 

Today was day 4 of our Washington, D.C. trip.  We started our day with a metro ride and walk to the National Air and Space Museum to finish exploring.  We saw the plane that the Wright Brothers flew, and the plane that Amelia Earhart flew.  Really incredible!  We also watched an IMAX movie about D-Day, from which I learned many new details. 

The Einstein Planetarium was amazing.  We watched Dark Universe, about the origins and formation of our universe, and all of the parts of our universe that we cannot see.  I felt like I was really moving through space.  The Air and Space Museum was one of my favorites.

After we finished at the Air and Space Museum, and after a quick lunch in the park, we made our way to the Capitol for our scheduled tour.  It was fascinating to see the original artwork and learn the history of the structure. 

The Library of Congress was amazing, too!  The building is very beautiful and its collection includes millions of maps, print materials, rare books, films, sheet music, and so much more. 

We stood in the shade of a tree in front of the Supreme Court building to plan the rest of our evening.  We decided to try Ethiopian food for dinner, and walked through Capitol Hill (neighborhood) to Ethiopic.  It was delicious!  We ate the food with bread called injera instead of using utensils.  The flavor reminded me of Indian food because it was so spicy. 

Mom and Dad decided to let me figure out which subway train to take to our destinations.  I navigated us to the right platform and led us off at the correct stop.  This trip is my first experience using public transportation and I didn’t even get us lost!

Our  4th day was AWESOME!  I can’t wait to see what tomorrow has in store!






























































































Comments