Regrets

I've decided to use a prompt-a-day list to help me get going with my blogging again.  I love the outlet but don't always feel inspired.  This will at least get me thinking.  I also don't want to blog the most obvious answer to each prompt, so I'm hoping to use my creativity to expand the prompt to fit my goings on. :)

11/6: Regrets

There are so many times I reflect and regret decisions, most of them small and seemingly insignificant until much later.  Alas, I will not bore you with those details today.  Besides, I may regret a few decisions here and there, but I certainly can't change them or erase them, so why dwell?

Instead, I'll focus on something I can't go back and change, but I can rework and make better...

I am frantically crocheting several projects right now, mostly to give as holiday gifts.  I found a pattern online for this project and couldn't wait to get started.  I regret not waiting now.  I used a hook that is smaller than the suggested size and it really messed up my final product.  So much so that I've now pulled it all out, rewound my yarn ball, and I'm heading to the store this afternoon to buy the correct size hook.

Negatives: I spent a lot of time working on this project and I was super excited to finish it and send it on.

Positives:  I gained a lot of experience with a stitch I haven't used before, and I loved seeing the multi-colored yarn form a pattern.  The second time through can only mean it will go smoothly and turn out better...right?  :)


Comments