An apple for the teacher...

It's the time of year when everybody is talking about what to get their teachers, and people are surprised when I jump into the conversation.  We do have quite a few teachers outside of our home.  My kiddos are in several extracurricular activities and also attend Sunday School.  I made quite a few teacher gifts this year.

I like to bake for teachers, but we have been fighting the crud (colds, bronchitis, etc) and I didn't want to share germs.  Thoughtful, huh?  ;)

Instead we made...Holiday Hugs 'n Kisses!  Fun, pretty simple but did take a bit of prep work.  Nothing major, and I was able to sit and chat with friends at a crafting retreat while putting these cute gifts together.  My first thought was to just plop Hershey Hugs & Kisses into a jar and tie them up with a ribbon and label.  Then, my friend C suggested that I put little circles on the bottom with glue dots, to add just a little more detail.  It did take a while, but it was worth it in the end.  I used the 1/2" circle punch and flat glue dots to affix circles to each candy.  Then, I put them in 1/2 pint jars and tied baking string to them.  I printed labels and trimmed and matted each, and affixed those with tape runner.  I also punched circles to fit onto the caps of the jars from matching paper (Christmas paper slab).  Each jar was wrapped in tissue and put into a brown sack, then tied with tulle or raffia ribbon.  We simply wrote a note on the front of the bag in place of a card and VOILA, the gift was ready for delivery!



Comments