Why am I here?

This isn't a philosophical post.  Nor religious.  I promise.  I just wanted to take a few minutes to reiterate why I am here.  Why I am in the blogosphere.  Why I take time out of my day to blog (which turned lazy because Belle had a mishap last night and is nursing a swollen foot today = no soccer, stay home day).

We are a busy family.  Do I technically have time for this blogging nonsense?  Not really.  Do I lose sleep, give up cleaning time, waste my days blogging?  Maybe.    Should I quit?  Hmmm...I don't know.  Will I?  I hope not.

There is a method to my madness, a reason for my nonsense.  A few reasons, to be exact.

1.  I blog for my kids.  Someday, I will be able to show them this blog and they will say, "Oh, I remember that!!" and "We made some great memories with you, Mom!"  I hope.  This is my personal journal of sorts.

2.  I blog to share with family & friends.  We have moved a lot.  We have family and friends scattered across the country...and in other parts of the world.  I used to send emails loaded with photos.  This way, people can look at the blog on the interwebs without bogging down their inbox.  Some of my family has subscribed to email updates courtesy of Feedburner.  You can do that up there to the right.  If I post, you get an email with the contents of the post.  You can read it on your phone, email, etc.  Or you can click the link and you come to the grand interwebs.  I recommend that if you actually want to see the pictures.

3.  I blog to share with other teachers/homeschoolers.  I have several friends who read now and then to see what we're up to.  We steal share ideas.  That's how good teachers find success.  I love it, I'm happy to share, borrow and steal.


I love to know who's reading and how you found our family's little journal.  I know a few people have listed us in their blogroll.  That makes me smile.  

Comments