Lighten up!

It's time to lighten the mood a little.  I'm the kind of person who likes lots of humor and fun, with serious moments now and then.  So I'm going to get back to fun for a while.  :) 

One of my friends posed this question on Facebook last week:   How important are the lyrics of a song to you? 

If you know me, you know they're important.  I love good music.  I love music that has a good, steady beat for workouts, cleaning, anything that I need to keep motivated.  I love slow, soulful music when I'm feeling contemplative, having a long day, just need to be inside my own head (which can be scary, so maybe the Jaws theme would be most appropriate).  

I'll be honest, I've always been proud of my eclectic playlist.  I've enjoyed the look of surprise when people scroll through and see my selections. 
I grew up on country.  I remember riding in the front seat, middle, of Dad's truck and listening to Reba.  And then I became a tween (back when tween wasn't a word) and rebelled.  Bring on some Timmy T, Cyndi Lauper, Bon Jovi, George Michael, Debbie Gibson.  Yep, I was a wild one!  ;)  

Different moods, different days, different situations...different music.   

Just for fun, and since this is basically my journal and someday my kids can read this and roll their eyes at how lame I am/was, I'm going to share what topped my 2011 playlist.   

In no particular order: 
1.  Theory of a Deadman
2.  Matt Cardle
3.  Gavin Degraw
4.  Christina Perri
5.  Rihanna (love the song, not so much the video)
6.  Revive
7.  Miranda Lambert
8.  Phil Pritchett  (He landed on my playlist in college, and has never left.  LOVE everything by him.)
9.  Pat Green (Another one deeply rooted from my college days.)
10.  David Cook 

Comments