Our Love Languages

This is my family.



Everything I do, day in and day out, is for them.  Part of being able to do what I need to for them is understanding our relationships, understanding individual needs, and helping everyone bond.


Several years ago, I took the online quiz that identified my love language(s).  It was interesting, and pretty much validated what I already assumed.  However, with the gifting season upon us, I thought it would be interesting to take the quiz again.  This time I took it alongside my hubby (there is a his & hers version).  We kept talk to a minimum as we sat together, on our separate computers, taking the quiz.  When we finished we guessed each other's top and bottom love languages.  We were pretty spot on.

Why am I sharing this?  Well, first of all, most people who read this are close to my heart, and likely already know my love languages.  Secondly, I think it's important to do things like this from time to time, to get back in touch with what really matters and to reconnect with what our spouses need.

I have been working for a while on a present for my hubby for Christmas.  The results of his quiz reaffirmed that this gift will mean more to him than something I could buy in a store.

You should consider doing the same thing with your spouse or your children/grandchildren.  It really can be eye opening, and a great starting point for nice conversation with a loved one.  Any relationship can be helped by knowing more about your friend, co-worker, etc.

What I found interesting in reading this is that we are typically attracted to spouses who "speak" different love languages.  My hubby and I have similar responses, but didn't end up with the same ranking among the 5 options.

Check out The Five Love Languages website for more information.  See if you can guess your love language before you take the quiz.  

Comments