The inside of a plastic pumpkin

...smells like Halloween. If you read my post about what my sniffer means to me, you're probably not surprised by the content of this particular post. I have a strong nose. And the inside of a plastic pumpkin smells like Halloween. Obviously, when the pumpkin is full of trick-or-treat candy. Its not the same as smelling a bag of chocolate, or a bag of sugar candy. It must be a mixture, such as the result of an evening of trick-or-treating thru your 'hood. And it must be inside of a plastic container (even a plastic t or t bag will suffice...just don't put the bag over your head when you inhale).

Here's how you do it. Empty your lungs, put your face up to the opening of the plastic pumpkin (ya know, stick your sniffer into the pumpkin) and inhale deeply. Wow! Can you smell it? (Yes, I'm odd.)

Today is the best day of the year...so far...
Much to the relief of some, this has NOTHING to do with the events of yesterday. This has everything to do with FALL. My favorite season...here's my favorite fall song:
The leaves are falling down,
The leaves are falling down,
Red, yellow, green and brown,
The leaves are falling down.

(Have I ever mentioned that I'm a teacher? HA!)

This has been a strange Texas fall. It got pretty chilly very early on. Then it warmed back up significantly, and stayed that way for a long while. Then we had another cold front that actually forced our temps below freezing one night. Shock! Now its back up to the high 70s or low 80s as the high temps. The result of this roller coaster: fall colors on the trees. I don't remember ever seeing this much color. And every time I drive down the street through our 'hood to pick Thing1 or 2 up from school, I am amazed by the beauty of God's creation painted in fall colors. WOW! Today the wind is blowing and the leaves are dancing toward the ground. So now we have some color in the trees, and also color carpeting the streets and sidewalks. I've always loved fall as a relief to end the summer heat. Now I have another reason to love it. And if this happens every year in north Texas, then I have one more thing to love about our home.

Comments