Organization in the Midst of Chaos

Lately, I've been reconnecting with my long lost cousin (Hi, cuz! And I'm the groovy one!). She said she was surprised that I'm into organizing and menu planning, etc. I just laughed. Mainly because I don't have a choice! Considering that I'm a "single mom" at least 60% of the month, I do it to survive!!! Monday is my cleaning/organizing/menu planning day. I also keep a "food blog" to keep track of my menus and favorite recipes. My updating is sporadic at best, but I'm getting there. :D

Every once in a while I'll post something on here related to organizing my family/home/life. It might not be the most interesting, but maybe some of you will post your ideas as comments. We can help each other out!

As I said earlier, I post my menu on my food blog on Mondays. Then I write it on a dry erase board that hangs on my fridge. It also lists our evening activities and any field trips or activities the kids have that week. Sometimes my sweet hubby and I even have activities to list...but not often! On the right side of the board I tally my water intake. I've been losing weight and have really increased my water intake. I can tell a huge difference in a lot of ways, too! I encourage you to try the same thing. You might surprise yourself. Spend a few days tallying your intake and see where it is. If its low, then step it up!!! I'd bet you'll feel better, too!

Comments